Adams Climbing Permit?

Benzo

So evidently one needs a permit to go above 7k on Adams (I was aware Helens required one, but not Adams) - but the USDA/Recreation.gov websites are utterly inscrutable to me. Can someone do me a huge favor and provide a direct link for the Adams climbing permit?

Thanks!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha...yea.  What surprised me was that you had to buy an online climbing permit in the first place.  Is that new this year?  Granted it has been a couple years since I have been up there but I only remember having to fill out a free wilderness permit.

On 5/19/2020 at 3:21 PM, mthorman said:

Haha...yea.  What surprised me was that you had to buy an online climbing permit in the first place.  Is that new this year?  Granted it has been a couple years since I have been up there but I only remember having to fill out a free wilderness permit.

Yes, this the online permitting system is new this year. 

We climbed Adams on August 23rd. We had been told the day before by rangers that they would not be checking permits, but to be aware that if a rescue was needed it would be a long time until one came. There were quite a few people skiing at above 7000ft on the day we climbed.