Looking for Basic Alpine Partners

Helen

Hello,

My name is Helen, working as a software engineer in Seattle. Since I moved to Seattle, I explored many hiking trails on my own. However, last year, I took the AMTL 1 course with AAI (http://www.alpineinstitute.com/catalog/alpine-mountaineering-and-technical-leadership,-part-1/ ), which opened my eyes to a whole different world. I realized that there are so many beautiful peaks I want to climb but there's no way I could do it on my own. So here I am, looking for a partner, prefer female :D. I would like to climb at least 2 peaks a month (I could still go even when it rains). 

After the AMTL course, I led my friends successfully to the summits of Eldorado and Black Peak. I did all the planning and navigation. I have a car. 

Message me if interested ;)! 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Helen, 

I know you said you'd prefer women partners but I am looking to get into the same routine ascension schedule as you, so I figured I may as well reach out. I would love to get a couple summits in before all the snow is off the peaks and a few of my usual climbing partners have been largely unable to go this season. I haven't got a ton of alpine climbing experience but I have been crag climbing and bouldering for the past three years, fairly consistently. I have a full trad rack, crampons, ice axe and all requisite winter clothing. I also have tons of hiking experience from my years growing up in Montana hunting and fishing. Let me know if you'd like to rope up on one of your climbs, I'd love to get out there more often.   

• 2 months later...