• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
chandlerg

Looking for partners (cragging, alpine climbing, ski)

Hey all. My name is Chandler. 26 year old climber and skier based in Bellingham. Hoping to find some solid people to form partnerships with and get after it this spring/summer. Thinking about Shuksan, Ruth, Eldo, Sahale, some different alpine climbs, and more. I'm very focused on safety and need that in a partner. Going home is more important than going to the top. Send me a message!

1 minute ago, chandlerg said:

My fingers are crossed for that.

Indeed. It will be a sad situation if we're indoors ALL summer.

My suspicion is that as this rolls on longer and longer, the guidelines for being outside/getting some exercise will be more and more clear. non-improved sites are not included in the National Forest  closures....

Want to meet for a beer.  After the 5th we don't have much in the area. Also in bham. Txt. 971.533.2325  jim

Posted (edited)

Negative. The list of open state day use park areas is pretty short. 

High-density parks on the north coast, the Columbia Gorge, boat accesses to the John Day and Deschutes Rivers, and places like Smith Rock in Central Oregon will likely be among the last to return to limited service, and no dates for state parks in those regions have been announced.”

https://oregonstateparks.org/index.cfm?do=v.dsp_featureArticle&articleId=279

Edited by Nolan E Arson