chilliwack

jesse_mason

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

went for a jaunt up to the south ridge of welch, heres your current snow conditions: below williamson lake little to no snow, above williamson lake is a combination of knee deep slush transforming to knee deep powder with a 4 " thick crust. As well it felt like it was over 1million degrees outside. I think you would have to climb at night to get some decent snow conditions. Foley looked good.

Cheers

Jesse

All these books on how to climb and I missed that. cry.gif

but ya I never expected it to be that hot, as well i kinda hoped the snow woulda been firm from the night time but i geuss its just not staying cold at night either. Foley looked the same as when i climbed it on june 15/01

looks like its alpine rock season.

thanks for the info Dru, I dont think the cond. on the north face of welch would have been much better, just too warm.

alpine rock season better not start till after this weekend damnit!

i think condish. on the n faces in cheam range that never see the sun, are pretty good right now. i can see the stuff firming up on n face cheam daily. but also growing cornices.... hellno3d.gif