Calling all Clark County, WA climbers

Jeremy McLain

I'm putting together a group of climbers and adventurers in the area around Clark County, Washington. My circle of climbing partners has been slowing growing since I started climbing in early 2018, but not quite fast enough. I've found that it requires a large group of potential partners in order to reliably find partners of a particular level for a given weekend and weather window. I'm looking to expand my circle and meet more people.

I don't exclusively climb. I do a number of human powered outdoor sports at some level, but alpine climbing has been what I've been working the most on in the past couple years. I also fly fish, kayak (oceans, rivers, and lakes), backpack, ski, run, rock climb, and occasionally bike. Things that I've done once or twice but would like to get into more include: whitewater kayaking, kayak fishing, ski mountaineering, packrafting, and maybe mountain biking. 

My climbing plans in the near future include climbing all of the major peaks in the cascades. I plan on doing eight alpine climbs this year, including two ascents of Rainier. I may do Denali as early as 2022 if I can put together the right team.

I know there are tons of adventurers in Portland, Oregon, but I'd like to see who is on my side of the river. I haven't met many climbers in the Vancouver area, but there must be some right? If you live in Washington State, in and around Clark County, let me know what you're interested in and your background. You can direct message me on this site and send me your contact info and I'll send you mine. I'll add you to my list of contacts and reach out to you for upcoming adventures. 

I work weekdays so most of my adventures center around weekends. Each year I spend, on average, 70 days and 30 nights on some sort of outdoor adventure, other than regular fitness activities at home, and I intend to increase that as I get older. I don't expect everyone to be that active, but you can expect to get regular invites from me. There will never be any pressure to go.

Just to be clear, this invitation is to adults of all ages, races, origins, genders, orientations, religions, philosophies, beliefs, and backgrounds. You only need to have a love of adventure, a pleasant attitude, and a level of fitness and technical skill requisite for the activity at hand.

A bit about me: I'm a married 37 year old father of three smaller adventurers, ages 10, 11, and 12. You'll have to get to know me in person to learn the rest.

Drop me a note and let's get out there!

Jeremy

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic