[TR] Mount Snoqualmie - New York Gully 03/15/2020

Alex789

Trip: Mount Snoqualmie - New York Gully

Trip Date: 03/15/2020

Trip Report:

http://www.gorobets.com/New_York_Gully_2020_03_25.html

Gear Notes:
2 half ropes 2 pairs of tools per climber A set of cams from 0.2” to 3” wth doubles in small range. Used most of them. A set of nuts. Not used. 10 runners. We should take 12 in retrospective. I almost run out of runners on pitch 3. 4 pitons. Used 1. BD Spectra. Used. 4 ice screws – not used. 2 pickets –1 would be enough.

Approach Notes:
No flotation used.
  • Like 1
  • Rawk on! 3

Nice work boys! Looked like conditions are as good as they get on that route.  When my partner I attempted it 20 years ago we had a disagreement on the route.  I said we needed to follow the left traversing kitty litter and verglass covered sloping ramp/ledge to the OBVIOUS dihedral/gulley system.  He disagreed and insisted that we needed continue up the broad couloir.  He is more stubborn that I am so up the couloir we went and discovered fun ice and mixed climbing.  After we pulled the final obstacle I told him that was definitely not NY  Gulley.  He said 'I know, but there was no f'ing way I was going to cross that ramp'.  The route we climbed has been since described variously as NJ Turnpike (our name) and LA Express.  

Edited by DPS
  • Like 2