Looking for weekday climbing partners for WA Pass, long trad routes

brendan8229

I'm looking for a couple more partners for pretty much weekly single days out climbing, mostly in Washington Pass. I plan to climb almost every Friday, and will generally drive up Thursday evenings and camp. (I can do other days too.) Over the last couple summers I've climbed Beckey Route, SW Rib of SEWS, North Face of Burgundy, Prime Rib of Goat and Petit Cheval and want to do a handful more such days this coming summer. I prefer routes out in the mountains where you feel a bit removed and am not so interested in crag areas. It's just work and family that make it tricky to find time for longer trips. When I started climbing I took the very thorough Southern California Mountaineering Association's safety course and safety has always been very important to me.

I'd really like to find another two or three climbers who can also regularly get out for a full day midweek. I'd propose that we meet for lunch and sort out some plans and then start on something familiar and then go from there. We can also meet at Vertical World.

I'm 41 and live in Seattle. I started climbing about six years ago, but because of work and little kids have had a hard time getting out more than five days a year or so. This year I'll finally be able to get out a lot more. I hope to get started in April and then go weekly starting in May. 

Brendan

Edited by brendan8229

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Brendan, 

I have some free time during the weekdays, usually Wednesday and Thursday I can make a full day outing work. I have been climbing for about three years, I have a trad rack, ropes and all other requisite gear. I have primarily done crag climbing and bouldering but after doing a couple multi-pitch routes, I vastly prefer that method of climbing, I also prefer to be far away from the crowds of people that are located at the crags and bouldering areas. I would love to talk about doing some routes together if you would be interested in that. Thanks!