• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
scottwesh

Scammers on CC gear sales

Hi not sure who to send this to.  I placed an add for a ski pack last week.  Got a series of responses from a guy David Walkins. It seems like a total scam. He wanted to send me 50$ more than the 100$ I asked for to let me know he was serious? I said no $100 plus shipping is fine- then he sent a certified check from a bank in Philadelphia.  When it arrived it was for $870 and he sent a note -wanted me to cash it and give him back the difference...but he was going to have someone come by my house in Olympia to pick it up??  The envelope was sent from PA.  I sent him back the check and said no deal.  I am meeting another potential purchaser at Freddys today in Tacoma.  Be careful

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the heads up. The "check for more than the amount" is a classic scam. They've prob stolen or forged the checks and want to pocket some cash before the check bounces. Glad you didn't fall for it.