Tajikistan

bedellympian

Anyone climbed here? Who did you use for logistics/porters/transport? Permit situation?

Safety/security? Access to some peaks is along the Afghan border. Seems like its been done by westerners but not often.

Looks like major peaks have all had multiple names as the political situation has changed (one peak I'm interested in seems to have been called at least 4 things at different times). Any resources for figuring out what is what? What has been done? Etc. (AAJ is pretty scarce on this topic and I can't read Russian).

Thanks, Sam

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Sam,

I was climbing in Tajikistan part of one expedition in Pamir, inn 2006, climbing Korgeneskaya, Chetirek , Vorobiek and one try to Ismail Somoni (previously Mount Communism.

I would need to look back to my information, if you need for agency, accommodations, etc. If you are interested, in that area and at that time, only one agency was controlling base camp and mountain access, no security problems, no big logistic problems for that area.

Jesus