Moderate ice climbing, chair peak etc

DanO

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like the climbing around Cody better than Bozeman.   And I am up and available for moderate alpine & waterfall ice locally.  I live in leavenworth, and post my infamous "ass-clammin" report when there's anything to report -- which there is not this year.  Even the Funnel is no more than a wet streak, and my last hike to Colchuck (three weeks ago) was pretty discouraging...  but if anything does become climbable, you'll hear abouyt it.

caveat: except the next two weeks - I'll be in Hawaii for a family reunion...  If anything should happen to actually freeze while I'm gone, have at it!!

-Haireball

Oh to live at a place with a 10 minute walk from the road to ice.  2017 was a wonderful fluke year of Leavenworth roadside ice.  My weather guy is predicting cold for the next 50 to 100 years , doesn't look too promising so far this winter but have my hopes up, even got some new cold weather climbing duds.

Edited by DanO

5 hours ago, DanO said:

GlobalWeatherOscillations.com

This guy right or wrong seems to be totally independent. His opinion is CO2 emissions do not cause much warming. That natural cycles are much greater in affecting weather. I myself wonder if other emissions rather than CO2 are causing warming ?  In any case the weather cycle information from now on out points to global cooling for the rest of our lives before the next up cycle.  For instance if you had a 100,000 year life span Seattle will be about a mile under the ice during the next ice age according to that long range weather cycle. The weather cycle outlook is up and down temperature cycles trending down to the next ice age. The recent past up temperature is also a natural cycle.  This is a different idea than the global warming outlook due to CO and CO2 emissions. 

Edited by DanO

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 5:36 PM, DanO said:

This guy right or wrong seems to be totally independent. His opinion is CO2 emissions do not cause much warming. That natural cycles are much greater in affecting weather. I myself wonder if other emissions rather than CO2 are causing warming ?  In any case the weather cycle information from now on out points to global cooling for the rest of our lives before the next up cycle.  For instance if you had a 100,000 year life span Seattle will be about a mile under the ice during the next ice age according to that long range weather cycle. The weather cycle outlook is up and down temperature cycles trending down to the next ice age. The recent past up temperature is also a natural cycle.  This is a different idea than the global warming outlook due to CO and CO2 emissions. 

There is no doubt there are natural cool and warm cycles, however, as I recall, these global shifts occur on something like 30,000 year cycles.  The last ice age ended only 10,000 years ago and the earth has been warming since then.  So, based on previous warming/cooling trends, we have another 20,000 years of warming ahead of us before the next cool cycles starts.  Of course, I could be remembering those time frames completely wrong.