So much climbing news this week

Rad

Brad Gobright died in a fall in Potrero Chico. 

Kyra Condie and Nathanial Coleman qualified for the Olympics and local star Sean Bailey came super close (videos on IFSC Youtube).

Emily Harrington had a big fall on El Cap but walked away with only minor injuries. 

I think I have emotional whiplash.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We came seeking truth, good Romans and soldiers, believing in jus militiae we traveled those long distances to far away lands for a few denarius, challenges and the companionship. At first, our brothers lauded our deeds and feats. They sang of our stout hearts and daring. The daring became routine, and unable to outdo each feat - the freeborn citizens became blase if such could be believed. The Patricians still cheered....but much quieter. In later years, they turned from us, as if we did not exist. But having existed on a higher plane, they wished to pull us down.

Yet still we journeyed to those far away lands. We did not do it for them before, we did not need their appropriation and cheers to yet do so. Soon will be the clash of the low gravity and the dragon, rare as the Dragons are today. In olden days they existed everywhere, now there are few, and the memory of them declines as honest citizens doubt they existed at all. Exist they did and do my brothers. If my silence comes, then know thee that the dragon yet lives. I leave you with this and with that. For the job must fall to those who can slay it. We can do nothing else, for we are what we are, no amount of apologies changes it.