WTB - Purple Patagonia Piton Hybrid Hoody Mens L

Linnaeus

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have good taste. That is my favorite fleece hoody. When I saw they were discontinuing it, I drove from Bishop to their Reno outlet to buy their last one in stock. It's a great cut for alpine bods, long in the waist to tuck in for extra warmth in the low back, full overage hoody which even when not pulled over the head really keeps your neck warm when fully zipped up. Breathes well.  The large fits my 6'2" 170lb frame perfectly. I own two of them and would buy another few if I could. It's the one go-to layer that I always seem to take climbing, backpacking, skiing, and for house/urban wear when temps demand it, as it's great alone or in combo with other layers/shells. The warmth/weight/durability ratio is better than any of my other backcountry wear. Used prices for them are ridiculous, as I paid less for new ones at the Patagonia Outlet back in the day.

Perhaps I need to visit their store to try on newer equivalents like the R1, etc.? 

I have an R1 hoody as well (size M), and a Cap 4 hoody (size L) and Cap 4 hoody one piece suit (also L). But the Piton Hoody works better and is more versatile for my uses, especially ski touring. Size wise I am the same build and wear a large in the Piton. The hood and high collar are really well designed. The industry has moved away from these types of pieces it seems towards "active insulation" but they aren't as durable and honestly are just trying to solve a problem I don't have. I am starting to not wear my Piton as much so I don't wear it out!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...