lhamling1

To whom it may concern, 

My name is Lucas Hamling and I'm in search of a month-long climbing partner to meet me in Talkeetna, Alaska in May, 2020 with the intention of climbing Denali's Cassin Ridge. Was planning a trip with partners that now cannot come, but am resolute in making a 2020 trip to Denali if I can find a partner. I live in Bozeman, Montana and am competent in climbing steep WI and mixed terrain, as well as being an endurance athlete and trail runner. Would like to travel to Talkeetna at the beginning of May and spend some time acclimatizing and skiing on the West Buttress, summit and ski from summit, as well as ski the Messner Couloir if conditions allow. Once sufficiently acclimatized, if given a 3 day weather window, we would attempt to climb the Cassin Ridge in a 3 day push. Although that is my ideal goal, I am flexible in itinerary and would also be interested in climbing on the North Buttress of Mount Hunter, or even an alternate trip to the Ruth Gorge. Ideally any partner would be willing/able to meet this winter and do a larger practice/training winter alpine climb on either the cascade volcanoes or the Tetons.

Email me at lucas.hamling@gmail.com if you have any interest, or questions. Denali and its surrounding peaks inspire me and I plan to train devotedly this winter to maximize my chance of success; if you have similar goals and are looking for a partner, let's get in touch!

Cheers,

Lucas Hamling

lucas.hamling@gmail.com

Edited by lhamling1

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic