Summit Mount Rainier 2020

KevinO100

Hello my name is Kevin! I am from Utah and currently 30, workaholic and I consider my self an athlete. I am in the best shape I have ever been in my life and I am planning on going to summit Rainier next year. I would like to summit it with a group. I have summited Whitney via mountaineers route before. You can call or text me at fourthree5313two09three. I would like to climb it when there is lots of stable snow because I feel more comfortable. 

Kevin

Hi, I'm Phil.  I've lived here for a while now, currently 65, and in pretty good shape for an old fart. 'Don't know if I'll ever summit the bigR again, of if I'd even want to unless I could take it slow and mellow. Never been much over 1000' elevation in CA. Stable snow=Good. You and I sound perfect for each other. 

Not to pile on @KevinO100, but Whitney doesn't prepare one for Rainier.  The glacial hazards are very real on Rainier and most people aren't going to want to have someone along on a private climb that isn't familiar with crevasse rescue and self-arrest.  Which is a long way of saying that your chances of joining a group on this website are pretty slim.

The guide services, however (as @DPS  points out), are perfectly suited to your request.  All those extra hours you work could easily pay for it :wink:

If you want to find partners and go with them, you'll want to build up a lot of experience along the path. Do some reading, take a course, get out on snow and ice where you are and start learning. You can practice crevasse rescue techniques without being on a mountain with actual crevasses. You could find some equally passionate people willing to spend time w you to learn and practice the skills you all will need. In that scenario, Rainier will be a later objective in a long progression that may take several seasons.  Or you could hire a guide and skip a lot of that progression ramp and get instruction, practice, safety, and a lot of friendly service at the same time. 

• Like 1