Grivel Easy Slider

Loco Raindrops

Anyone here have a Grivel ice axe with an easy slider on it? If so is your slider like super easy to bump out of position while "locked" towards the top of your axe?

When I have mine up top if I breath on it wrong it falls down the shaft. This seems like it would be really annoying on lower angle terrain where you want it out of the way.

I tried looking for a US support link for Grivel to bug them and nodda. So I came up with a temp solution with some shock cord I had laying around, running it through the loop where the leash attaches to the slider, and when I want the slider in the top position I loop it around adze as seen in the photos below.

Is it supposed to slide that easy? I mean yeah I get "Easy Slider" but this seems a bit overboard. 

Are there any cons you can foresee in regards to my solution?

Only other option I can see is to remove it all together and run the leash through the biner cutout in the pick/down around the handle as many do with a standard leash.

20190802_152909.jpg

20190802_152926.jpg

Edited by Loco Raindrops

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images