Bunch of gear at Index (GM/HOC)

BASE697

Hey Everyone, 

On Wednesday, 7/24, with a help of some great friends, I pulled off a little project I had of climbing 43 pitches in a day at Index.  It was a great time and i highly recommend it!  Unfortunately, there was some miscommunication and we ended up with some gear missing.  I had a rack for the routes at the crags closer to the parking lot, LTW, Country, Inner walls, etc and we had another rack up at the Lookout point area climbs.  After I finished GM / Heart of the Country I lowered off and left some of my rack at the base of the climb while 2 friends climbed and cleaned the route and then they climbed for a bit on Phone calls from the Dead while I took off to Private Idaho.  

When they finished up and rapped to the base of GM / HOC there was another party starting up and there was some confusion as to what gear was ours and what was the other party’s.  It sounds like the belayer was a newer climber and thought the gear was her partners.  So my friends left the gear there thinking it was the other party’s This was probably around 4pm.  I looked through my gear and it looks like the missing gear includes:  a  .3 C4, new set of BD ultralights .5-2, set of DMM offsets, a yellow mastercam, 3 draws, maybe 1 or 2 alpine draws, a black BD rope bag and a petzl Williams locker.  All my gear is marked with blue nail polish.  

Take care,

Gabe
 206-719-6970
base697@me. com

Edited by BASE697
adding pic

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic