Partner for Rainier July 18-23 ? (or Hood, Olympus, Adams, Jefferson, Baker...)

DrVaclav

Dear All, 

How partnering for Mt Rainier during July 18/9 - July 23 ?   Hood, Adams, Jefferson, Olympus, Baker .... - or any more interesting peak between near Portland, Seattle and Vancouver. 

I'm from Europe, nowadays based in Oxford UK,  visiting OHSU in Portland for business on July 17/18.  Unfortunately I don't know any mountaineers in Pacific North West, so keen to team up !  I am comfortable to lead such climbs technically,  with a reliable partner, but unfortunately won't have much time to do research for routes/maps.  

I'm experienced in both alpine and ski mountaineering, having done 40+ high altitude peaks of comparable/higher technical difficulty than Rainier between 14,000 and 24,000 feet, and practice crevasse and avalanche rescue almost every year.  Member of Academic Alpine Club Zurich (AACZ).  Good endurance - I have done up to 20 hour mountain routes and up to 16,000 uphill feet in one long day. Not as fit at the moment,  but 7,000 feet uphill/day is still fine. 

Thanks, 

Vaclav

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm flying in from Minnesota and heading to Rainier Thursday July 18th.  Looking for a partner.  I'm flexible to do DC route on Rainier or Emmons.  Have previous glacier travel experience and am fit but will need to review crevasse safety (I use prusik self rescue).