Copper-Fernow traverse

Riley81

Anyone who’s traversed the ridge from Fernow to Copper care to share some route info. I have found a lot of questions about it, but not much solid info. I am wondering about the portion included in the attached photo.

236C4761-863F-481E-8A40-878CAE3BD435.jpeg

Edited by Riley81

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 hours ago, JasonG said:

It looks pretty involved from the summit of Fernow, but maybe that's what you're after?

2014Fernow7FJ9281-X2.jpg

We’ll at least it isn’t covered with gendarmes. I’ve seen one trip report on here, but it seemed rather odd because the person described lots of difficulties on the way there, with rappels, but no difficulties on the way back. Do you know anyone who’s done it?

10 hours ago, KaskadskyjKozak said:

yeah, I was on Fernow a couple weeks ago, saw this view, and said "fuck that". The traverse looks sketch balls

Jeez, coming from you I don’t like the sound of sketch balls. Do you anything about rock quality along the east ridge climb of Fernow?

On 7/10/2019 at 7:55 AM, Riley81 said:

Jeez, coming from you I don’t like the sound of sketch balls. Do you anything about rock quality along the east ridge climb of Fernow?

I climbed the E ridge of Fernow.  The rock is par for the course for the Cascades.  I did not find it too bad/unsavory.  I've been on much worse.  :)