• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Riley81

Copper-Fernow traverse

Posted (edited)

Anyone who’s traversed the ridge from Fernow to Copper care to share some route info. I have found a lot of questions about it, but not much solid info. I am wondering about the portion included in the attached photo.

236C4761-863F-481E-8A40-878CAE3BD435.jpeg

Edited by Riley81

It looks pretty involved from the summit of Fernow, but maybe that's what you're after?

2014Fernow7FJ9281-X2.jpg

11 hours ago, JasonG said:

It looks pretty involved from the summit of Fernow, but maybe that's what you're after?

2014Fernow7FJ9281-X2.jpg

We’ll at least it isn’t covered with gendarmes. I’ve seen one trip report on here, but it seemed rather odd because the person described lots of difficulties on the way there, with rappels, but no difficulties on the way back. Do you know anyone who’s done it?

10 hours ago, KaskadskyjKozak said:

yeah, I was on Fernow a couple weeks ago, saw this view, and said "fuck that". The traverse looks sketch balls

Jeez, coming from you I don’t like the sound of sketch balls. Do you anything about rock quality along the east ridge climb of Fernow?

18 minutes ago, Riley81 said:

Do you know anyone who’s done it?

I don't think so, but perhaps @therunningdog did?  The only way I could think that you wouldn't have problems coming back would be to go a different way!

On 7/10/2019 at 7:55 AM, Riley81 said:

Jeez, coming from you I don’t like the sound of sketch balls. Do you anything about rock quality along the east ridge climb of Fernow?

I climbed the E ridge of Fernow.  The rock is par for the course for the Cascades.  I did not find it too bad/unsavory.  I've been on much worse.  :)