• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
WaterproofMonk

[TR] Forbidden Peak - Beta photo 06/15/2019

Posted (edited)

Trip: Forbidden Peak - Beta photo

Trip Date: 06/15/2019

Trip Report:

Got a decently detailed shot of Forbidden from Sahale Glacier this weekend so I thought I'd share it. Zoom in and you can see the gully is pretty melted out. Nobody visible on the route from this direction at 12:20PM on Saturday. Just three people down on the glacier/snowfield.

DSC_7290.thumb.jpg.b9dbf9ac4aa6c9e197d44b9a00d79b53.jpg

Gear Notes:
N/A

Approach Notes:
N/A

Edited by WaterproofMonk
photo didn't show up?? how do I work this thing

Posted (edited)

I climbed the West Ridge on 6/15. The route was in great shape, but as you can see in your photo, there's a big schrund near the top of the gully. We were able to tiptoe across the left side when it was frozen in the morning, but rapped over it in the afternoon. I'd say by now the gully is probably out. As we were descending into Boston Basin, one of those snow patches above the Cat Scratch gully dumped a bunch of snow on a party that was headed up that way. Glad everyone was ok...

Rapping across the schrund in the afternoon:IMG_0363.thumb.JPG.c2417e3ab468ea8c89d03ed590ded10d.JPG

Edited by Jake Robinson
added a pic