Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • olyclimber

      WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

      We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Infinity

Mt. Rainier - Liberty Ridge

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Looking for a partner! Preferably who already have done Kautz Glacier route. But we can figure it out. 

Nice forecast for our climb.

Edited by Hardik
Dates removed from the title.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Please reply as soon as possible for my "1 day before the climb" visit to ranger station for our camping permits!

Edited by Hardik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be interested in the 15-17 dates, but honestly the forecast just doesn't look that great. Starting on the 14th is just too soon to make plans. The national weather service is calling for Sunday and Monday to be mostly cloudy, with a chance of high winds and snow showers later Monday. In light of recent events on that route, that doesn't seem like something I'd want to head up into, and that's probably why you aren't getting replies. If you would be able to wait for a later more stable forecast after that storm moves through, I'd be interesting in talking with you about arranging something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Work is keeping me in town this weekend, but I'd be very interested in any later dates, if you end up postponing. I'm sorry to be inflexible on this. If you are able to go this weekend, have fun, the weather looks pretty good now (jealous)!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm interested and I've done the Kautz. Let's watch the weather? A couple of the more long-range forecasts don't exactly look great for the weekend, but it's a long ways off and that could easily change for the better.

For example: https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Mount+Rainier+National+Park+WANPSMORA:13:US

I hope that's wrong, I'd love to give the route another try. In my experience this time of year storms predicted a long ways out often fail to materialize, so I have some hope.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dylan Colon said:

I'm interested and I've done the Kautz. Let's watch the weather?

Cool! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×