2nd/3rd Wanted for Shuksan Price Glacier Climb July 1-2ndish

Weather and conditions permitting, me and another hope to climb the Price Glacier over these dates, or shortly after, as a 2 day climb. We are both very fit and experienced for alpine climbing. I'm fairly solid on leading WI3 and could probably get through WI4 if necessary, but another strong partner would be a good idea! Also my main partner for my trip to the PNW might also be more inclined to back off as his risk tolerance/experience for higher objective hazard routes is lower than mine (he was fine doing that with me going with another if I chose to). 

I have climbed Liberty Ridge (w/ soft snow & whiteout bivvy on Liberty Cap), Ptarmigan Ridge, aborted 3/4 up Curtis Ridge after the rappels (sh*t!!), and last summer led climbs up the Matterhorn & 3 Mounts Traverse of Mont Blanc (walking all the way down the Goutier route to the valley floor). My partner has done Mont Blanc as a 'car-to-car' on the standard Goutier route. We will be doing the Adams N Glacier Route and Baker N Ridge Route right before hopping on this (and I might also sneak in Jefferson Park Glacier on Jefferson to start).

If you're interested, we'd either want to hear some of what you've been climbing lately that is relevant on the right metrics, or that you join us on a car-to-car of the N Ridge of Baker the day before (I have dibs leading the crux pitch, though. Might do the ice cliff variation as well).

To see what I have been doing lately, check out my MountainProject profile: 
https://www.mountainproject.com/user/106560803/mark-p-thomas

While I haven't done much alpine in 2019, I did complete the WURL solo last September over ~50 hrs (+20,000' gain, +40 miles, cl. 4) in the Wasatch.

Edited by PellucidWombat

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...