Seeking third for Liberty Ridge June 6-9

cborigo16

Climbing Liberty Ridge on Rainier June 6-9. Our third had to drop out last minute due to a job offer, and we are interested in finding a replacement if there is a good fit. We are totally okay with going as a two-man team if we think that’s the best option but open to adding a third of their climbing resume is good and personality seems like a decent fit. First time on LR for both of us, but multiple Rainier climbs via DC and Kautz for both of us as well as plenty of experience on steep alpine ice/rock/snow at altitude. Hit me up if interested and let me know your experience. We have wilderness camping reservations for a group of 3. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our climb dates are scheduled for June 22-25. Have you climbed Rainier before? Do you have ice climbing or glacier experience? I mainly ask because the two guys I’m taking have minimal experience and they will be a handful for me already haha. 

I have not climbed Rainier before but I've climbed Baker previously and will be doing the Emmons Route the weekend before. I have significant glacier experience: Cotopaxi, Chimborazo, Pico de Orizaba, Baker, Iztaccihuatl. 

Are those dates set in stone? Would it be possible to move them to 24-26 or 24-27? If not I'm still interested. 

Let me know. 

Phone: 305-608-4006

Email: samuelchaneles@gmail.com