Sold - Moss Tents 19' Parawing

normankirk

The Parawing is a tarp with a parabolic cut. It was designed and marketed by Bill Moss founder of Moss Tents in Camden, Maine. Technically it is described as a "hyperbolic paraboloid with compound curves".

This is a used, original 19' Parawing being sold with the poles, stakes, stuff sacks and guy lines. The color is a yellowish tan. It is in good overall condition and has not been set up for extended periods of time. The color doesn't appear significantly faded. There are some stains consistent with use and I have done some restoration in preparation for sale. Several pinhead sized campfire spark holes received a dab of Seam Grip and 4 larger about pea sized that I patched with nylon taffeta fabric and Seam Grip. Otherwise, the seams and guyline attachment points stitching is sound and I have cleaned the the tarp without any particular effort to remove dirt and tree stains.

- 1.9 ounce per sq yard ripstop nylon with polyurethane coating. Coating is about 99% intact and without odor.

- 2, 8 foot long, three section Reynolds 6061-T6 seamless aircraft aluminum poles without shock cord which allows a section to be removed and the fly pitched closer to the surface when needed.

I'm asking $245.00 inclusive of shipping cost to the lower 48. PPFF or please add the 4% goods fee if you prefer.

(The shadow spots on photo's are due to my old camera)

image.png.504ae777eb374b9068ef8c1645bdcb52.png

DSC09735.jpg

DSC09737.jpg

DSC09738.jpg

DSC09739.jpg

DSC09740.jpg

DSC09743.jpg

DSC09744.jpg

DSC09745.jpg

DSC09766.jpg

DSC09768.jpg

s-l1600.jpg