• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
David Shuer

Rainier this weekend

Looking for a partner for Ingraham DIrect/DC on Rainier this weekend. I have crevasse rescue experience, AIARE 1, WFA, and am moderate-fast (Hood in a bit over 3 hours). I'm fine slowing it down too, just looking to enjoy the awesome conditions this weekend. I climbed last year via this route around this time and conditions were great.

Hi David! I'd be interested in joining you if you're willing to go with a newbie. I am a fast hiker and recent transplant to Seattle from California, so while I've done some winter ascents, it's all been snowfields and not glaciers so I would need to be shown the ropes (literally). I should have all the necessary equipment besides the crevasse rescue stuff.

Hey Alex, I’d be down to climb something more tame sometime like Baker, but I wouldn’t feel comfortable teaching someone on Rainier. It’s just not a good place for introduction given the scale.

Okay, no worries. Shoot me a message sometime if you're thinking of doing Baker or something more suitable for learning.

Hey David still looking for someone? I did Hood March 19th this year,  Baker/Colman Deming route May first last year,  and 8 Bulgers in between. I have alpine kit, rope, know z pulley and drop down. 

16 hours ago, Steve M said:

Hey David still looking for someone? I did Hood March 19th this year,  Baker/Colman Deming route May first last year,  and 8 Bulgers in between. I have alpine kit, rope, know z pulley and drop down. 

Hi Steve, the post was actually for last weekend. We ended up doing a c2c on Ingraham Direct. I'd be down to climb something else this season though.