Ultimate Lib Bell group enchainment?

DPS

I've enchained a few of the Liberty Bell group towers, but never all of them.  I'm thinking about what would be the highest quality moderate enchainment of the Liberty Bell group.  Here is what I've come up with

-Park at hairpin and climb SEWS, East Buttress Direct 

-Descend SE Arete

-Climb NEWS, NW Corner

-Descend via rappel route

-Rappel NEWS-Lexington gulley to get to bottom of Lexington, East Face - is this even possible?  If not, I guess descend back around SEWS

-Lexington Tower, East Face

-Something on Concord Tower - Cave route?  Suggestions?

- Liberty Bell, Beckey Route

Thoughts?  How would you do it?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I went with all easy routes and started with Liberty Bell, Beckey Route and finished with South Arete on SEWS.  It was pleasant and not overly committing.  Still, it took us all day and I was tired.  :lmao:

Hey @jon....looks like the photo links are busted in the TR linked above?  They should be on the cc.com server.....

Thanks Jason, I suspect given the number of Grade IV routes, it would be non-committing (easy to bail) Grade V and require a bivi.  What did you climb on Conchord Tower, it is the only one I haven't done?  That and the Minute Man.

Lexington and Concord both seem to make more sense going north to south, as there are straightforward rap stations on their south faces.  When I did it, we started with the Beckey Route, climbed routes on the two north faces, then did the chockstone route on NEWS and finished with the south arete on SEWS.  What would probably be the best true traverse but also a much bigger day would be the NW face of liberty bell, the two north face routes, northwest corner on NEWS, rap the chockstone route, and finally up the southwest rib and down the soiuth arete of SEWS.  

You can't read the whole thing unless youre a member, but the supertopo page has some great beta.  The useful stuff is about rapping off of lexington and concord which is before it gets cut off.

• 2 weeks later...