TLT 7 boot liner replacements

Alisse

Hey!

I need to replace my TLT 7 boot liners, and I want something stiffer than what came in the boots originally. A trusted person recommended Intuition Pro Tongue liners...but they've only used them in TLT 6s. 

Anyone out there have experience with this liner + boot combo? Or just the liners, and have some thoughts/review?

Thanks!! 

Alisse

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they work for your friend in TLT6s they should work in 7s. I find the Intuition liners too warm for use in spring and summer Cascade conditions. You'll probably need the low volume ones unless you have a lot of boot space. For more stiffness, go with the wrap style rather than tongue, but you will sacrifice some touring range of motion.

Another option would be the Palua brand, which I think is what Dynafit uses by default. Skimo.co sells a number of options.

Edited by Kameron

54 minutes ago, Kameron said:

If they work for your friend in TLT6s they should work in 7s. I find the Intuition liners too warm for use in spring and summer Cascade conditions. You'll probably need the low volume ones unless you have a lot of boot space. For more stiffness, go with the wrap style rather than tongue, but you will sacrifice some touring range of motion.

Another option would be the Palua brand, which I think is what Dynafit uses by default. Skimo.co sells a number of options.

Thanks for the reply. I went to the backcountry.com store and was able to confirm that the medium volume Pro Tongues in the same size as my shells do fit -- did have to adjust the buckle ladder thing, though.

Interesting point about the warmth. I will definitely be molding these with my thinnest socks, and I will probably still use the old stock liners for easy descents.