Early Summer Climbing Partner

climbingcoastie

I'll be down in the PNW from May 27th - July 11th and looking to get out and climb as much as possible. I'm taking a couple short courses (SPI and Exam) around Bellingham/Seattle area during that time, but free the rest. I'm not the strongest climber (lead 7's and 8's) but looking to push things with the right partner. I do consider myself very experienced and safe though.

My plans were to ski some of the volcanos between May 28th and June 10th (may already have partners lined up for some of this). SPI course  in Leavenworth June 12-14, possible to climb a day or two before or after. Head to Squamish (campground already reserved) mid June for a week and back down to Washington Pass/Mazama for a week. My SPI exam is July 9 & 10th at Mt. Erie and would love to climb there a day or two beforehand. July 11th (ish) I'll be heading towards California and sporadically climbing in Tahoe until early August. 

If things work out and we are compatible partners I'm also looking at heading to the Bugaboos sometime in August, but won't go there unless we climb together somewhere else first. If a regular partner doesn't meet me, I'll also be free for two weeks in September.

As mentioned above, I'm a very experienced climber and always error on the side of safety (current WFR). More looking to have a good time and climb safe than be goal oriented, though would like to push into the 10's eventually. I'd love to find an equal or better yet a stronger partner, but have no issues climbing with newer climbers. As long as you are honest and upfront about your skills and abilities I'll climb with just about anyone.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hit me up when you figure out your plans for sure.

I'd be down for your mazama/WA pass and if you are onto baker or adams I am down.  Erie is fun and I go there lots. Even if I work I can meet you for an evening session.

847 207 1201

On May 12, 2019 at 2:16 PM, Climber101 said:

Hello, in June I am going to be climbing Rainier and have been looking for a partner on the Dissapointment Cleaver Route. I will be able to climb between the 19-23 of June. Please let me know and we can work it out!

I'll be in Squamish during those dates, sorry.

• 4 weeks later...