Denali 2020 Looking for partners

BrandonClimbs

Im looking to give Denali a try in 2020. After being in the Himalayas this year I was debating between going back or going to Alaska. Ultimately if I can get a strong team together I would rather try Denali. Even though we are more than a year away from such a trip I would like to assemble the team early and possibly do a climb together in the cascades just to get familiar with each other and know how we would work as a team. I have climbed in the cascades, colorado, himalayas and will be climbing in Argentina this year as well. Ive taken crevasse rescue course and have done plenty of glacier travel and some ice climbing. I have a lot of group gear that we can use including a 3 person Mountain hardware EV tent, rope, stove. 

Let me know if your interested.

Brandon. 

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BC -

I am also looking for a Denali team to tie-in with. I saw you mentioned you are in Miami?... You may have reached out to me earlier in the year for a Rainier climb, (?) but our dates didn't mesh. I'm in Ohio. 

I successfully finished Rainier 2 weeks ago on a solo climb up the DC. I'm chomping at the bit now for Denali. I work in schools and have summers off. Previously did a lot of years on Rainier, Hood, Orizaba and some other hills. I don't know that I could meet up prior to a 2020 Denali climb, but possibly a spring break thing. I do train pretty hard for climbs (as a soloist), but I have been unable to find any friends that are up for a Denali challenge. 

Please let me know your thoughts. Steve 

IMG_1456.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey very interested as well and would like to make a decision sooner than later to start saving. Denali would be a lot of new experiences for me, but my experiences include Mt. Whitney with heavy snow pack, summiting Kilimanjaro, and doing Fuji in 2 hours flat. I know it's not a race  but just trying to say I move quick and can carry my own weight and altitude has never been an issue for me. Would love to find people who are serious about doing it hopefully late May in 2020.

DSC09625.jpg

Hey all, I have dates set to do Denali (West Butt) end of May/early June 2020.  I already have 2 confirmed people, but I wouldn't mind a couple more.  Looking for skiers only and leaving them at Camp 3.  Prefer local Washington people that would like to meet-up prior.  Hit me up!    

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 3/20/2019 at 12:38 PM, BrandonClimbs said:

Im looking to give Denali a try in 2020. After being in the Himalayas this year I was debating between going back or going to Alaska. Ultimately if I can get a strong team together I would rather try Denali. Even though we are more than a year away from such a trip I would like to assemble the team early and possibly do a climb together in the cascades just to get familiar with each other and know how we would work as a team. I have climbed in the cascades, colorado, himalayas and will be climbing in Argentina this year as well. Ive taken crevasse rescue course and have done plenty of glacier travel and some ice climbing. I have a lot of group gear that we can use including a 3 person Mountain hardware EV tent, rope, stove. 

Let me know if your interested.

Brandon. 

Hi Brandon. I am from Ecuador (South America). I climb mountains since 20 years ago. I climbed Mount Aconcagua (6969 meters) in three days and many others 6000 meters mountains.

I have only 17 days available in total (home-summit-home) due to my job. I expect to spend 10 days in the mountain (kahiltna-summit-kahiltna) + 7 days travelling (home-kahiltna-home). I have good altitude training because I live at 3000 meters and train at 5000 meters.

Is possible to join with you for Denali ?.

Jorge.

On 11/4/2019 at 11:23 AM, DoStuff said:

Hey all, I have dates set to do Denali (West Butt) end of May/early June 2020.  I already have 2 confirmed people, but I wouldn't mind a couple more.  Looking for skiers only and leaving them at Camp 3.  Prefer local Washington people that would like to meet-up prior.  Hit me up!    

Hi "DoStuff". I am from Ecuador (South America). I climb mountains since 20 years ago. I climbed Mount Aconcagua (6969 meters) in three days and many others 6000 meters mountains.

I have only 17 days available in total (home-summit-home) due to my job. I expect to spend 10 days in the mountain (kahiltna-summit-kahiltna) + 7 days travelling (home-kahiltna-home). I have good altitude training because I live at 3000 meters and train at 5000 meters.

Jorge.

On 12/7/2019 at 3:23 PM, mrpink said:

I'm totally interested in getting up Denali 2020. I live in Portland have lots of time in the cascades along with some in Alaska and Colorado. 

IMG_1621.JPG

Hi man. I am from Ecuador (South America). I climb mountains since 20 years ago. I climbed Mount Aconcagua (6969 meters) in three days and many others 6000 meters mountains.

Jorge.

• 1 month later...

Hey all

I am also looking for serious partners to plan a 2021 bid for Denali, thinking early June.  Ideally could be those able to try a more straightforward summit like Rainier or Gannett this summer to be better coordinated.  I am very motivated and would like to find some experienced partners.

I have completed mostly solo climbs and have done several high altitude summits though some notable group climbs mostly internationally.  

Please let me know where you are in terms of planning and if still looking put a team together.

thanks

Travis

Edited by Travissg