Gibralter ledges ski partner wanted

needtoclimb

Wanted:  Partner willing to strap a couple pieces of wood to their feet, skin up to the heavens and suffer possible -20 degree temps with wind chill.   Willingness to suffer from minor altitude sickness and eat freeze-dried meals for two days a plus.  Even better would be willing and able to pull out a partner from the claws of an icy abyss and huddle with him for warmth and companionship (though I really hope it doesn't get to that point.)   If all this sounds fun, then give me a PM to go ski the Gibralter Ledges in the next month.

Hopefully we will get another high-pressure system and can go do it.   Plan is to drive down morning of, get permit and skin up to Muir.  Next day ascend Gib ledges if conditions permit.  Either descend the ledges, ski down Gib chute or the Ingraham direct.  Descent will be conditions dependent.  My only issue is that my wife works most Saturdays and Mondays, so it will most likely have to be a mid-week trip.   I might be able to pull off a Friday-Saturday as she works some Saturdays.   Looking for a partner with some flexibility to go make an attempt.

PM me here if you are interested then we can talk dates.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, needtoclimb said:

the claws of an icy abyss and huddle with him for warmth and companionship

Where's the tauntaun emoji when you need it?

This is a proven technique in the cold alpine:

maxresdefault.jpg

In seriousness though, Gib ledges is a fantastic winter route.  Good luck!