Sold: CiloGear 40L WorkSack Ballistics Pack Minty $250

boppjo

This is *the* PNW pack for climbing and mountaineering in my opinion, and those of many others (*coughAmericanAlpineInstituteGuidesChoice*cough). This is the Ballistics version so extra durable fabric only on the hard wear points. And all the straps! Lash anything and everything (crampons, rope, etc)

I have three Cilo packs and am only selling his as I can (for now) manage the 30:30 pack for most of my climbs. Subsequently, this has only been on Adams, Rainier, and possibly Baker- so super minty! 

$250

This is a fair price and is without the notable hassle of the forever unclear production timeline from Cilo themselves, anywhere from 2-4 months, sometimes it's longer. And yes it's true, they don't ever give you updates. That for sure is the one downside of a climber-run business but then you can't be so mad when they also want to climb and the make the best packs! Plus USA made! 

This includes 2 sets of the diagonal carry strap system ($38) and the rope catch strap system ($15) worth $53

I'm located in Seattle and am glad to meet up anywhere reasonably close. On eBay as US*Grant for selling history. 

From CiloGear: 

The 40B is the pack of choice for cragging and weekends close to home. It is a robust and durable pack that will treat you right today and in the years to come.

The 40B responds to the desire of folks for a pack that would work for Alpine cragging or serious routes in more civilized areas. The 40B is about 2.5" shorter than the 45L or 60L WorkSacks, and is just the right size for shorter folks and awesome weekends. The 40B WorkSack easily carries crampons or a water bottle in the crampon pocket.

Volume Range: Normal: 42L | Expanded: 60L | Compressed: 30L | Closed: 20L

Weight and Sizing Specifications
Pack bag: 815g(1.8lbs) | Hip belt: 120g | Lid: 170g | Strap set: 200g | Framesheet & Pad: 590g | Total: 1895g(4.1lbs)

Size by torso length 

17" - 19" = Medium

IMG_0031.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0040.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

Edited by boppjo
Added detail for included accessories

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Marcus Russi said:

Maybe I'm missing something but how much are you asking for?

Hey Marcus- thank you! I've updated the posting to the price and include the breakdown of the added accessories (diagonal strap system x2 @$19 + rope catch @$15= $53)

Edited by boppjo

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • boppjo changed the title to Sold: CiloGear 40L WorkSack Ballistics Pack Minty $250