Weekend Climbing Partners for 2019

aivy09

I recently moved up to Seattle last April from Portland, and do not know too many people up here yet. I am looking for avid weekend warriors to peak bag, rock climb, or do anything outdoors really. I can backpack, trail run, hike, and getting a raft soon!

Mountaineering Experience - I've done all the volcanoes in WA, and nearly all the major peaks in OR. I've also done a handful of peaks in the Peruvian Andes, Swiss Alps, and the Canadian line. I've climbed up to multiple pitches of 65 degrees in the alpine, and have some exposure to waterfall ice. I am proficient in crevasse rescue, and looking to take a few AIARE and WFR courses this year. I can do pretty long days and have done Baker, Rainier, and Glacier Peak car to car, and Olympus in two days. Suffering is not a problem for me.

Rock Climbing Experience - I've been focusing on rock climbing a lot more this past year, and have gotten a lot of exposure to it in the last few months. I'm projecting about a 5.11c at Vertical World top rope. I'm still trying to get more experience in lead climbing. I've led up to a 5.10b outdoors, but my comfortable range is around a 5.8-10a right now. I can top rope up to a 5.10d/5.11a outdoors. I just finished up my first trad rack, and would like to get into that also.

What I'm Looking For - Someone who at least has the basic fundamentals of mountaineering down (e.g. walking in crampons, rope management, etc), and wants to tackle some more involved routes. Ideally, I would like to be climbing at least North Ridge of Baker, Liberty Ridge on Rainier, Forbidden, and several other similar peaks with someone who is equally as capable, or at least has the passion to put in the training and learn. I am shooting to do the West Rib on Denali in 2020, so anyone who is looking to prep for that would be awesome, but not a requirement. I'm also looking into other climbing trips for the year outside of the PNW such as the Bugaboos, maybe the Tietons, etc. Let me know if any of this sounds like a good fit! Also, I'm a 28 year-old female, if that matters.

You can email me at anguyen1128@gmail.com

Edited by aivy09

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello. My name is jarod . I’m from Portland Oregon area. I want to climb Mt. Hood in late March early April of this year . Minimal experience climbing but when I was 15 my dad and I made it to the pearly gates / bergstrum crevasse and had to turn around . I’m 30 now so that was quite some time ago. I’m in good shape and very motivated .