Looking for partner(s) for Rainier July 12th, 13th, 14th 2019. Giving myself 3 days to summit. Hanging out at Muir during that time and plan to make an attempt whenever the weather permits. Have a rental car lined up and could pick someone up at SEA/TAC to go to Ashford. Plane gets in on July 10th.

Plan on doing Hood and Adam's after Rainier also. I've got the rental car costs covered, and willing to split hotel costs. Currently staying at Wellspring Spa in Ashford and a hotel in between Hood and Adams in Sandy after that.  The more the merrier!

PM, post, or email anytime.

Edited by silbor6@yahoo.com

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Just a local's suggestion, July is typically very late for Hood, I would recommend against it.  Also, the interesting (North Side) routes on Adams could very well be out of condition and the South Spur route will be pretty uninteresting after Rainier. 

Not to highjack your thread, but have you considered climbing the Emmons on Rainier (shorter drive from Sea-Tac and closer to the goods in the North)and then heading north to sample the North Cascades?  Easton Glacier on Baker and Suphide Glacier on Shuksan would be a very convenient enchainment.  Or, if you have had enough of big glaciers you could do the Ruth-Icy Traverse, one of the most scenic, moderate, and easily approached routes in the North Cascades.

Just a local's opinion, take it or leave it.

On 4/2/2019 at 8:06 AM, DPS said:

Just a local's suggestion, July is typically very late for Hood, I would recommend against it.  Also, the interesting (North Side) routes on Adams could very well be out of condition and the South Spur route will be pretty uninteresting after Rainier. 

Not to highjack your thread, but have you considered climbing the Emmons on Rainier (shorter drive from Sea-Tac and closer to the goods in the North)and then heading north to sample the North Cascades?  Easton Glacier on Baker and Suphide Glacier on Shuksan would be a very convenient enchainment.  Or, if you have had enough of big glaciers you could do the Ruth-Icy Traverse, one of the most scenic, moderate, and easily approached routes in the North Cascades.

Just a local's opinion, take it or leave it.

Great advice!