Bellingham partner

thedylan

Looking for more local partners. I like to do most mountain activities, especially those with an endurance component. Specifically would be great to find people interested in multi-day ski traverses and long alpine rock routes. I would love to find a partner for the Southern Pickets traverse, my partner from attempting it a couple years ago is focusing on other things right now.

• 3 weeks later...

Just moved up to Bellingham from Oregon and would be interested in doing more traverse routes on ski and foot (I've done a handful of backpacking traverses and the Pickets have been on my radar for a while). Not much of a technical rock climber, but some Cascades mountaineering experience and train as a distance triathlete so sufferfests are great.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey man, I'm moving to Bellingham from Colorado in a few weeks and also looking for partners. I'm a mediocre skier and not much of a trad climber so I'm not yet up for something like the Pickets traverse, but part of my motivation for moving to the cascades is to expand my skills and experience.

I'm pretty experienced and comfortable with class 3-4, off trail exploring, multi-day or even multi-week backpacking, marathon days and endurance sufferfests, and I'm looking to get out and try everything WA has to offer. If you're doing something that doesn't require ropes, I'd love to connect.

Cody

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for the same, basically. Living in Bham/Whatcom for about 15 yrs now. Early 40s w kids - so risk averse - and currently comfortable around IV 5.7+ in the alpine arena.

2019 Summer objectives include, Adams with a ski descent, Fisher chimneys on Shuksan, N ridge of Baker, a traverse of the southern Pickett's and if all goes well some cragging in BC and the East side of WA.

Just got back from Ouray and headed to Ghost this weekend. Would love to do some winter ski touring around Bellingham anytime and or ice climbing as well (spring/summer Baker seracs) or WA, CO, WY, BC

Feel free to hit me up!

• 3 weeks later...

Another bhamster here. Aging dad, former prof guide, looking to get back into it more than my annual big mtn or two. Mostly keen on alpine trad and long glaciated walks in the cascades, but game for bouldering at Vital or sport climbing at Erie.

Have plans for a run up Baker and Glacier this summer that could use an extra climber or two on.  Always keen for a day run up the North Twin, or scrambling up any of the peaks around Hannegan. Doing a traverse of the Sisters from N Sister down to Last Sister has been on my radar for years as well.

Best way to reach me is text - 360-754-4470

• Rawk on! 1

• 1 month later...