Last minute partner for Chair Peak tomorrow

DPS

Looking for a last minute partner for Chair Peak tomorrow, 12/8/2018.  This will be my 21st ascent of the peak, I try to do it every year as a season opener.  I can provide the rope/rack/4WD car.  I would like to leave Issaquah at 5:00 AM or meet up at North Bend around that time. 

All experience levels welcome.  If you are experienced, we can try for the second winter ascent of the West Ridge, or if you are new, we can run up the NEB, which can be climbed in many conditions.  If the East Face by some miracle looks like it is in shape, I would consider that as well.  I'll be on snow shoes, I have pair to lend.  If interested, please text me at (206) 276-8991. 

Daniel Smith

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Was up in Source Lake area last weekend, and it's been clear since then (no new snow). I don't think you'll encounter enough snow to warrant snowshoes, but we didn't get too high. People had been approaching both via Alpental base and the Snow Lake trail. There is a good boot track going up close to the NEB base. Can't speak for the upper portions of it, but we saw a group of 14 (!!!) heading up there on Sunday.  YMMV