Koflach Vertical boots, Intuition Denali liners sz 14

Fromage

One pair Koflach Vertical double plastic mountaineering boots.  These are the same shell as the Expe but use a thinner, lighter liner.  In the product line they are warmer and stiffer than the Degre but lighter and more versatile than the Expe.  I used them for mountaineering in the Cascades for a few seasons, wore them comfortably to the summit of Rainier (and back down) several times, Eldorado in winter a couple times.

I was going to wear these on Denali but priorities changed.  Other than some scuffs on the shell these boots are in excellent shape.  All the hardware works perfectly, the bellows are in good condition, the heat-reflective footbed is in great shape, and the sole has tons of life left in it.  I mostly wore these on snow and glacier climbs so they haven't seen much action on trails, dirt, or rock.

These suckers are not light and shipping costs reflect that, so local pickup would be preferable but I'm willing to ship.  Can meet downtown Seattle at the library weekdays during business hours, or near the Mount Baker light rail station evenings/weekends.

I'm also selling a pair of Intuition Denali thermo-moldable foam liners.  These weigh only 10.6 oz for the pair and are sized to fit these boots.  It's a huge weight, warmth, and performance upgrade.  Used once on a winter Rainier climb.  They are molded to my feet but can be re-molded up to 4 more times.  Feathered Friends offers this as a service, I highly recommend getting this done by pros who know what they are doing and have the right equipment to get the perfect fit.  The liners include a set of custom foam heel inserts to fill the space in the boot shells where the stock liner heels fit.  Retail on these is $176.

Shells with stock liners:  $100
Intuition liners:  $60
Both for $150

IMG_1009.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1011.JPG

IMG_1012.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

IMG_1014.JPG

IMG_1015.JPG

IMG_1016.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG