Jump to content
  • Announcements

    • olyclimber

      WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

      We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
landoclimb

Mt. Hood North Face Right Gully 11/2-11/3

Recommended Posts

Looking for an experienced partner to go up the north face with me.  We would start Friday night/Saturday morning ish.  Just a quick trip up to start the season!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure you are keeping an eye on it, but the weather forecast is looking pretty abysmal for this weekend with 8-15 inches of snow forecasted at 9K feet Saturday night to Sunday as well as winds into the 40s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JBo6 said:

I'm sure you are keeping an eye on it, but the weather forecast is looking pretty abysmal for this weekend with 8-15 inches of snow forecasted at 9K feet Saturday night to Sunday as well as winds into the 40s.

Yeah the weather on saturday night sucks. I was hoping to get in friday night and be done saturday morning.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing to keep in mind with more challenging routes is to have some breathing room on the back end of your itinerary in case something goes wrong, or the weather comes in quicker than forecast.  If the closes down for a few days after you are slated to be done it could prove problematic to mount a rescue.  I know you are young and invincible, but.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JasonG said:

One thing to keep in mind with more challenging routes is to have some breathing room on the back end of your itinerary in case something goes wrong, or the weather comes in quicker than forecast.  If the closes down for a few days after you are slated to be done it could prove problematic to mount a rescue.  I know you are young and invincible, but.....

That’s good thinking. I found someone to go craging with me by the drips up there. The window seemed too narrow and the wind would have blew anyways. I’ll post about the conditions and what I observe tomorrow.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds perfect.  They'll be more opportunities when conditions are better!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

×