Mt. Hood North Face Right Gully 11/2-11/3

landoclimb

5 hours ago, JBo6 said:

I'm sure you are keeping an eye on it, but the weather forecast is looking pretty abysmal for this weekend with 8-15 inches of snow forecasted at 9K feet Saturday night to Sunday as well as winds into the 40s.

Yeah the weather on saturday night sucks. I was hoping to get in friday night and be done saturday morning.  

One thing to keep in mind with more challenging routes is to have some breathing room on the back end of your itinerary in case something goes wrong, or the weather comes in quicker than forecast.  If the closes down for a few days after you are slated to be done it could prove problematic to mount a rescue.  I know you are young and invincible, but.....

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JasonG said:

One thing to keep in mind with more challenging routes is to have some breathing room on the back end of your itinerary in case something goes wrong, or the weather comes in quicker than forecast.  If the closes down for a few days after you are slated to be done it could prove problematic to mount a rescue.  I know you are young and invincible, but.....

That’s good thinking. I found someone to go craging with me by the drips up there. The window seemed too narrow and the wind would have blew anyways. I’ll post about the conditions and what I observe tomorrow.

• Like 1