• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
jared_j

Old Kloke Book "One Day Winter Climbs"

if the noaa forecasts for el nino are accurate, this could be a great winter to knock off several peaks from that kloke book.   Most routes in the book tend to be smaller peak mountaineering type of routes.

On 10/18/2018 at 8:27 AM, JasonG said:

I have a pdf I can send you.....

The spirit of Dallas lives!

can I have a copy, too?

Add me to the line please, Krissy and Braden have been fired up for some winter climbing this year and I agree it's going to be a great winter for climbing as a consolation to the skiing I expect to get.

Edited by Jason4

More popular than I thought!  I'll have to talk with @jon about hosting the pdf on the website or something....

would be cool to have some kind of wiki thing for this one day winter climbs.  By being able to add info on existing routes from book and add new routes that Kloke never got in his.  not really current conditions but something that would be helpful years later like access road changes, better approaches, route up dates, ect

Also rearrange the order of routes from his book.  If I remember right, the routes were in alphabetical order instead of geographic order.  

On 10/22/2018 at 12:54 PM, tanstaafl said:

ooh, ooh, if you're sending out multiple copies I'd be interested in taking a look at that too....

Me too please!

Well shoot, @jon, look at that!!  I had no idea we had that functionality.

:lmao:I'm a total Luddite.

I think that'll be just fine, thanks!

Thanks @JasonG and the Cascadeclimber lords for facilitating this.  I'm hoping to pluck a couple of interesting / different outings from this book as new workouts when conditions permit but time does not.    This thing is halfway between a "select" style book and the encyclopedic Beckey books. 

To use a metaphor that is drastically losing relevance in a digital world, I implore you all to share your favorite "deep cuts" from this slightly rough Cascade "box set".   This book is like some thrift shop vinyl.

Edited by jared_j