Bellingham Moss and Dirt-filled cracks

Bill_Simpkins

Going to check out a crack I saw in the woods up on Chuckanut, by a popular lake. Hiking up and bringing gear with me just in case. I am leaving around 2:00 pm, after I get back from work. May just turn out to be a hike, but you never know. Guests with harnesses and belay devices welcome. PM me with a phone number if interested.

-Bill

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to check out a crack I saw in the woods up on Chuckanut, by a popular lake. Hiking up and bringing gear with me just in case. I am leaving around 2:00 pm, after I get back from work. May just turn out to be a hike, but you never know. Guests with harnesses and belay devices welcome. PM me with a phone number if interested.

-Bill

bill, go send that 2(or 3) pitch crack route up at oyster dome(bat caves) that thing looks sweet in a chossy sort of way!

you'll have to wait for the full tr...coming soon. Erik and Max, suck it. It is easy to find, walk around the lake till you find it.

fruit.gif

you truly are the "other guy" hahahahahahaha

be ready for the desert mr toughness we are coming to get you!!!!!

bigdrink.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifmushsmile.gifthe_finger.gifsnaf.gifrockband.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Only brought gear to aid it clean. After watching Natural try to free solo it wink.gif, I put my aiders to use. I got to the 1st roof but the chossy seams are too small to take my clean gear cry.gif, so I'll go with hammers next time.

Lesson learned: not C2, probably A2.

However, found an interesting "practice line" following cracks and sketchy flakes underneathe the roof. It had "interesting" cam placements and one hooking move with some acrobatics. Natural had fun removing a medium Hex I got lodged deep in a crack, and had fun jugging across the bottom of the roof with widely-spaced gear and standing on a hook placement that defied physics. All in all, a good lunch break, without the lunch.

I WILL RETURN TO DESTROY!!!!!!!!!

Stay tuned.

Oh, did I mention the choss-filled cracks ? I love it when you weight a cam and it just "digs" further into the choss!

Typical B'ham.

that sand spittin out is the "magic" of camming devices...it means it's bitin' em....

you sould use cam hooks and the see the fun!!!

hey, dontcha get to name the route if ya do the FA?

No I think it should be "I ain't aid climbing on my balcony".

My gawd Michael, you've got some imagination. I never would have thought about climbing that thing yellaf.gif. I'm laughing right now because I think you are more of a scik choss-loving freak than I am (and I mean that in a good way rolleyes.gif).

Nice job! I'll show you some nice heinous mossy routes on Sugarloaf one day. You can free climb those as long as you don't pull the moss off and fall into the large tree behind you (it don't budge when you do that. Trust me!) shocked.gif