• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Bosterson

Trad anchors

HEY BROS, I AM HAVING A HARD TIME CHOOSING WHICH PREMADE TRAD ANCHOR TO BUY.

MEDIUM ANCHOR HAS A WIRE FOR EQUALIZING THE PIECES, BUT THE SMALL ANCHOR IS CHEAPER AND HAS AN EXTRA WEIGHTED CHARM FOR MORE PLACEMENT OPTIONS.

THOUGHTS???? ALSO ARE THESE INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS CLIMBING SAFE???

https://www.endclothing.com/us/off-white-medium-industrial-keychain-omnf006s182530089100.html

https://www.endclothing.com/us/off-white-small-industrial-keychain-omnf005s182530089100.html

I usually keep my language to overly polite, but this is a fucking ridiculous idea.  I only hope that those wires are really full strength and not going to kill someone when they end up on someones rack.

on the other hand, they would make very fashionable earrings :)

Is "End Clothing" like 'Beyond Clothing" i.e. everybody butt naked? :ass:

Edited by G-spotter

idk if you guys have noticed but carabiners, hiking boots and 80s climbing clothing is shit-hot now in high-end mens fashion. this appears to be somebody with a swager turning $10 worth of wire, two non-climbing biners, and three discontinued nuts (DEADSTOCK SO HOT) into $250 worth of FASHION

i wonder what I can sell my old Boreal Ballets for on ebay. $300?

I think this belt is a good solution for how to equalize the 4 weighted charms on the small industrial keychain. Also works for ~2 ft double strand emergency rappels. This is the perfect setup for those cutting edge buildering projects.

20180214_193608.jpg

Oh, that's pretty hilarious. Maybe I can retire on the proceeds from my copyright infringement lawsuit. All of my old stoppers are stamped "Off"

"lifestyle sneakers"? Well, they look as uncomfortable to walk around in as the originals.

On 10/23/2018 at 7:59 PM, Alisse said:

Metal on metal!!!!! No good!!

Uh, I beg to differ. 

23 hours ago, cfire said:

Uh, I beg to differ. 

The number of exclamation marks should have tipped you off to the sarcasm.

Or at least it was meant to.