Stolen Gear

sethuhla

Loaded up my car last night with all my gear to drive to Wyoming to climb in the cirque and apparently left it unlocked with the spare in it like an asshole in Magnolia (Seattle).  Car got stolen.  Keep an eye out for a big pile of stolen climbing gear popping up on the interwebs:

Ropes - Mammut infinity 70m green, black middle marker, Yellowish/yellowish black bicolor Edelrid 60m
Older Rei Half dome 2 tent (yellow and white-ish color, orange poles) Big Agnes copper Spur 2 (orange/white) Tents.  Both have a bent pole on them.

Trad rack - 16 cams, all BD, Micro's x4 in 0.1 and 0.2, doubles in camalots from 0.3 to 3 (except maybe one 0.4).  Alpine draws are yellow runners or red with older (a few years) Camp Nano 22's, blue and gray, and a few newer trango runner sets also blue and gray, orange runners.  Set of BD stoppers, set of DMM offwidths.  I had two Purcell Prusiks i made from cord, orange and green/blue that might stand out.  Blue black diamond harness.  A bunch of other fixin's you'd expect in a trad rack

MOST OF MY TRAD GEAR IS TAPED WITH A THIN STRIP OF LIME/LIGHT GREEN DUCK TAPE TO NOTE IT'S MINE.

Green 65L Osprey backpack

Western Mountaineering 10 degree Versalite green sleeping bag - pretty new condition.

• Sad 2

• 3 weeks later...

Luckily, the dude stole the car was a heroin junkie.  Cams don't trade well in the seedy underbelly of Seattle.  Passed out stealing another car about 48 hours later and fessed up to the location of mine, cops got it back quick.  Only thing he managed to pawn off in that time was the sleeping bag and a couple day packs and my super light thermarest.  Got to keep the iron skirt and nearly all my gear!

Thanks for looking out!

Seth

• Like 2
  • Rawk on! 1