• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Hans Travis

Does anyone know if this has been climbed?

I remember looking at that before that big rock scar.  I bet very few people contemplate it after that scar appeared.  Massive.

@bedellympian I was bored on a hot day and hiked up to the base with a big zoom lens, and there were no remnants of any kind that I could see.  It is fairly solid looking granite though, besides the huge scar.  O.o  

Back in about 1988 or so, I climbed up it a few pitches with Isao Fujita. We hiked and scrambled up a gully that had a few tricky spots where we might have gotten out our rope. Then, upon getting onto the wall itself, the rock seemed fine, but did not have the nice crack lines of the more popular walls at Index. So, at the time, we weren't super impressed with the quality. But seeing the stuff people climb on these days, one might regard the rock in a new light. 

Not having a drill with us, we avoided the blanker face lines and fought through a bit of brush. Some years later, two huge rock falls happened.