Climbing all the Cascade Volcanoes in a season

Iowa

Does anyone know of anyone who has climbed all of the Cascade Volcanoes in one season?  I just finished up a trip a week ago with the goal to summit every active Volcano.  I biked between them, and biked from Tacoma down to the start down at Lassen (and then back home after Baker).  I'm curious if anyone else has climbed them all "in a single push" before, or by biking between.

I think the closest to this is Chris Davenport and Jess McMillian's Ring of Fire ski objective, but I'm not sure if they summitted them all, or were just more focused on ski descents of the Volcanoes.  But they took the easy route with an RV in between.  Granted, they did many many Volcanoes in two weeks, whereas it took me 25 days and change on a bike....

Details from the trip:  http://www.runningfarther.com/tour-de-volcanoes-recap/

• Rawk on! 1

Very nice. I have thought it would be fun to do them all in a season but at more leisurely pace and sure as hell not by biking between. 

As for who has done what it depends on how one wants to count and everyone seems to quit when they hit the Canadian border which also has active volcanos that are part of the Cascade Range.

2 hours ago, ScaredSilly said:

when they hit the Canadian border which also has active volcanos that are part of the Cascade Range.

That's not what Fred writes (nor Wikipedia).  I've always thought that the Cascades end at the Fraser River and those volcanoes in BC are part of the Coast Mountains.  But it is probably just semantics. The volcanoes are typically not related to the rocks they protrude up through, but are all related to the subducting of the Juan de Fuca plate beneath the NA plate.  In that sense I suppose all the volcanoes from Southern BC to N. California are related.

2 hours ago, JasonG said:

That's not what Fred writes (nor Wikipedia).  I've always thought that the Cascades end at the Fraser River and those volcanoes in BC are part of the Coast Mountains.  But it is probably just semantics. The volcanoes are typically not related to the rocks they protrude up through, but are all related to the subducting of the Juan de Fuca plate beneath the NA plate.  In that sense I suppose all the volcanoes from Southern BC to N. California are related.

Exactly  ... all related: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cascade_Volcanoes

• 3 weeks later...

There was a group of lady splitboarders that set out to climb and ride all of the volcanoes in one push.  There are a few caveats to their effort but their accomplishment deserves acknowledgment.  They focused on fun and splitboarding over standing on every true summit and they didn't get a weather window for Rainier during the time they had together so they added Garibaldi to their original list and had to give Glacier Peak a second try to get it.  Most impressive is that the core group consisted of people who are primarily snowboarders, not mountaineers or endurance athletes, one of which was coming off an Olympic gold and retirement from a career as a halfpipe rider who jumped right into the world of mountaineering.  Pretty amazing effort conceived by Maria DeBari with Kaitlyn Farrington and Freya Fenwood along with cameo appearances from Lucas DeBari, Krissy Fagan, Hana Beaman, Gaby and others.

https://snowboarding.transworld.net/almost-famous-volcano-tour/

https://www.mountbakerexperience.com/almost-famous-maria-debari-and-friends-ride-24-volcanoes-in-45-days/

Cascade Volcanic Arc is not the same thing as Cascade Mountains.

The Cascade Volcanic Arc runs from Silverthrone to Lassen, so it includes a fair chunk of the southern Coast Mountains as well as all of the Cascades.

Btb you got

Silverthrone

Meager group

Cayley group

Garibaldi

all the US ones

I'm pretty sure nobody's done all of those in a season let alone in a year.

"Along the way were more “micro adventures” than I can remember. I won’t bore you with each one here, but ask me about them sometime if you’re ever interested:"

OK, I'll bite, let's hear about these...

"Camping with the Crazy Guy and his nightly Banshee"...

"The Bear and the Pizza"...

"-Scared s***less on North Sister"...

Great adventure and thanks for sharing!

Edited by pcg

2 hours ago, nonbasketless said:

..."My roped solo system requires traversing each 60 meter rope pitch three times, so I knew it would be slow."...

Just the summary so far...

That confused me at first as well, but I think he meant he climbed each pitch twice, and rapped it once, while ascending.