Slesse East Face Photo Topo on Bivouac

Dru

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go right to www.serratus.com, are you telling me you can't view it? That IS weird, if its the case!

As for why you have to register to view Bivouac.com, its mainly for the Recommendation feature. If you dont want your info gathered, make up fake info, and use a disposable email address. However, if you ever plan to contribute anything it is better to register using your real name, so people know who to thank. The system is set up, so that anyone who registers can insert route descriptions, photos, and trip reports, and to discourage anonymous browsing. The idea being, that you will think it is such a great site, you will want to contribute to it.

Personally, I think its grown to be one of the better mountaineering sites on the web, and props to Robin Tivy, who set it up, and Fred Touche, who basically works there for free, cause Robin can't afford to pay him. The geographical database system, is highly effective at filtering out spray, so the site is 100% about content, but not as effective a diversion when you are bored at work and want to talk shit. But hey that is one of the function of cascadeclimbers.com so bigdrink.gifHCL.gifyellaf.gifto Jon and Timmay too!!!!

dru,

good work; great info.

u said u didn't want to get into details, but what the hell...

1. the original start to the SE buttress lies left of the bottom section of "D2"; you can make the direct entry in winter i guess, but in summer u climb 2 or 3 pitches to about 5.8 straight up from about the middle of that snow-patch, then traverse left (easy) a couple hundred feet pretty much horizontally to the very bottom of the shadowed couloir.

2. the start of "K1" ought to continue horizontally right to the darker (bushy) grooves, then breaks straight up. then it moves out left from the crest just below where the angle of the ridge twists left, on the slab with the little white mark.

picky, picky, eh...

cheers,

hey joshK i normally use a spoon, rusty shared needle and candle.... oh you mean shoot PICTURES with CAMERA gear...

eh a pentax and fuji 100 slide film

hahahah mushsmile.gif

So are you lucky enough to have a high quality slide scanner? I've started shooting slides and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get slides (or negs for that matter) on to the computer. Most of the services I have found around here to do it are either too low end (basically just meant for having pics to email) or too high end (expensive drum scans for digital reprints.)