Pub Club 2/4

AlpineK

There's a wacky rumor floating about that Mr. Trask will show up. There was a similar rumor about a year ago that he was the mysterious man sitting at the bar at the Spar Tavern in Tacoma. It was that time when Cap'n fell backwards in his chair and a couple of our men in uniform were workin' on some co-eds at an adjacent table. That's all I remember from that night.

Trask....be there. Caveman will buy you a beer.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey check this out (from the celtic bayou website)

New Late-Night

Happy Hour!

Come to the Celtic Bayou for our new late-night happy hour! Every Tuesday [...] 9pm-close , [...]*ALL* beers brewed by us (Far West Ireland Brewing Company) will be only ]$2.75 a pint and $9.25 a pitcher! [...]. Happy hour appetizers will be available as well at a special low price of only $2.95 each.

eek.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

once again, a girl (this time the delightful ehmmic) threatens a no-show if it ain't on her turf (and as usual, I predict more males talkin' 'bout Ballard real soon now).

Actually Dwayner, the location (other than being outside Seattle) has little to do with my thoughts on not showing. I think I have a very good record of attending non-Seattle pub clubs. Even the one in T-town when my fellow Seattle chicks and chumps held a "secret" Seattle "drink night" in protest of the drive.

Since I have class until 8:30 pm, driving from N Seattle to Redmond means I won't get there until after 9pm. I recall the last couple of Eastside pub clubs broke up after the locals left before 10pm. So basically it's a matter of time drinking with the buddies. If it's in a Seattle location I can make it before 9pm very easily, have a few drinks and still get home at a reasonable hour (8:00 am lectures suck). If it's outside Seattle, I can't make it until April when I don't have a night class.

Sooo. Have fun guys. See ya next week. Drink a few pints for me. I'll enjoy sipping a couple shots of Glen Livet at home to top off my day. wink.gif

First off I would like to apologize to AK. I know you're not against drinking on the eastside.

There is an important issue I feel the need to discuss.

I read the Pub Club thread every week, and I've noticed a disturbing trend. Some, but not all, of the female posters on this site think that because they are female they can move the Pub Club to wherever they want to go. Well I've got news for you. A number of us guys already have girlfriends, and we aren't swayed by that crap; also quite a number of the single guys realize that they are never going to get laid hanging out at at Pub Club. If you have an opinion then state it, but don't couch in terms of, "I won't show up unless it is at *** location." We would like you to show up; just like any other climber.

As a second point, I'm sick of reading posts that say, "I can't show up because .......... Either show up or don't show up; nobody really wants to hear your excuses.

I come to Pub Clubs in Seattle. I'm sick of you Ballard/ Fremont people whining about driving more than 5 blocks.

I have only been to one eastside drinking fest, so I can't speak for other events, but I believe the last time at the Celtic we were there past 10, maybe not midnight but I will make an effort to stay late so we don't hear this again.

I think Ray left early due to starting drinking before 7:00, can't blame him he was stagering at 9:00. We all know how the party dwindles rapidly when Ray departs.

Is Dwayner really coming? I have yet to meet crazyjz, and Rays coming too!

Ehmic! Didn't you see what I posted. It doesn't get good (i.e. cheap) until after 9pm.

Last time I went to a Pub Club on the East Side (in Jerkland) the Seattle contingent left soon after I got there (maybe it is me?). Cavey and others hung later.

bigdrink.gif

Don't flatter yourself CrazyJZ. I could care less if it's in Seattle and I get to attend, or if its on the Eastside and I don't. Drink where you want to. This is a public board where we get to provide our opinions about where to meet. Don't turn this into some gender conflict or political discussion about sexual politics. Why do you think there are so few women who show up on a regular basis? Attitudes like yours!

Sorry ChucK. Don't fell like hanging out with all the BS discussed here this week.

Well, no time like the present to try my first Pub Club and meet a few of the faces in front of those

sparkling personalities as expressed on this site. Anybody mind telling me when folks start

showing up?

caveman is there around noon

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

I thought we were going to the Pyramid Alehouse across from Safeco Field for some celtic hoedown live music and good swill in a huge,cool, place?

Kurt, it's a fifteen minute drive from Ballard on fifteenth. What's the big deal?

That might be a good spot for the future, but we were just downtown last week. That is my only opinion for this weeks Pub Club.

I'm happy going to the eastside which is where the groundswell seems to be this week.

Don't flatter yourself CrazyJZ. I could care less if it's in Seattle and I get to attend, or if its on the Eastside and I don't. Drink where you want to. This is a public board where we get to provide our opinions about where to meet. Don't turn this into some gender conflict or political discussion about sexual politics. Why do you think there are so few women who show up on a regular basis? Attitudes like yours!

Well said.