Need partner for Rainier (Kautz Glacier) & other climbs

Hi all,

I'm looking for a mountaineering partner to do some medium-difficulty routes in the Cascades this year. At the moment I'm hoping to do the Kautz Glacier route on Rainier July 13-15, ideally driving up there the evening of July 12. But I'm also interested in other dates and routes. I mostly have standard weekends off (could leave Friday evening, come back Sunday evening) with the occasional 3-day weekend.

I'm also looking at Jefferson, Glacier Peak, the Adams Glacier route on Adams, Mt. Baker, and some other routes on Rainier such as the Tahoma Glacier. I'm also looking at some rocky peaks in WA such as north ridge of Mt. Stuart. I climb 5.12-5.13 indoors, 5.11 outdoors, and would be happy climbing/leading 5.9 or so in an alpine setting with a pack on.

I'm a 32 year old guy in the Portland area. I have lots of mountaineering experience, mostly non-technical but some technical. I know how to safely do glacier travel, crevasse rescue, snow and ice up to 60 degrees or so, use ice screws and snow stakes, rock pro, etc. I'm up for climbing in a team of 2, or more, ideally not over 4. I have all the necessary gear including 60m dry rope, tent, ice screws, snow stakes, GPS, SOS device, etc. I also have a car and am happy to drive.

Hope to hear from you guys!

cheers,

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! I am a former portlander visiting seattle with a week to spare between aug 3 and 11 when i can drive anywhere from Seattle. If you want a partner in that range, could look to do aug 3 to whenever youd need to be back for work :). Dome peak is top of my list, but i am flexible. Lead alpine trad to 5.7/8ish but obviously can follow harder. Have a good deal of alpine experience, crevasse rescue training, etc.

Of what you mentioned. Kautz may be out of my league unless I followed the ice pitches. Tahoma looks cool. Glacier and Jeffy are on my list, as is Adams Glacier. :)

If you want to try and plan something, give me a call or text at 97821075(two)7!

Edited by jmarks07