• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Bronco

Identify this peak

Looks super familiar but it must be a weird angle.  I can't get it to match up with any photos in my guidebooks.  Looks a lot like Boston Basin/Cascade Pass area.

mystery peak.pdf

That's Marble Creek Cirque from near the Triad.  Early morning spire, Dorado Needle, Eldorado!!

One of my favorite places in all of the Cascades, though I've only been to that vantage in the winter.  Obviously need to go back in summer!

Funny, I looked at a photo of Dorado Needle for quite a while before posting this.  It was the photo for June 2018 on the calendar my accountant gave me this year.  The caption just says, "North Cascades - Washington".  

1 hour ago, Bronco said:

I looked at a photo of Dorado Needle for quite a while before posting this

You knew, deep down.  The choss is strong within you.