Wanted: backpack

max

I'm looking for a backapck in the 4000-5000 range. I've got a lowe contour 4 and it's just way too big! I've also got a "crag" pack that carries a rack, rope, crampons, and enough for a miserable night out, but go more than two days and it's back to monster pack. I'm 6'2" and long torso'ed for my size. Anybody got an old pack they'd like to sell?

Anybody want to buy a contour 4? They're great, especialy for those 2-3 day trips.

grouchous_rex@yahoo.com

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Max, I might have something you would consider:

Dana Designs Big Horn. This pack is 4,000 cubic inches and fits me comfortably (6'4"), in fact extremely comfortably. I have carried 50 pounds in this pack and, like all older Danas, performs remarkably well. I emphasize that this pack was from the last batch made in Bozeman, so the workmanship is flawless and other than some abrasions on the fabric it functions as well as the day I bought it. Features include

-Hypalon crampon patch on lid

-removable lid

-Hypalon compression panel for snowboards/odd sized items you want to carry on the outside

-dual daisy chains

-dual zippers with dual sliders (YKK #10) for quick access

-extendable bivy sleeve (works great, I slept in it once)

-ice axe loops (2)

-ski straps on sides

The main drawback to the pack is weight, because (1) it has so many features they all add up to 5+ pounds, and (2) the fabrics, frame and suspension are so stout to carry hefty loads. The advantage from that, however, is the unrivalled carrying comfort and durability.

This pack retailed for $280 but I would part with it for half that. It has seen some use but is well cared for and in pretty darn good shape. I'll throw in a couple Arc'teryx velcro ice-axe holders, too. Reply to post or PM me if you are interested.

Cheers