Stormy Monday Couloir (Mt. Adams) Help

I am looking for a little information on Stormy Monday Couloir on Adams.  I have found a couple trip reports online, but I would like to find out more if possible.  For example, what is the crevasse situation on the lower Adams Glacier?  Anything special I should know about?  I am considering soloing the route in a couple weeks, and it appears to be mostly just very steep snow with a little minor mixed climbing thrown in.  If anyone knows of a guidebook that discusses this route or if anyone has any insight at all, I would appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Climbed both the N Ridge (ski descent of W Face) and Adams Glacier (ski descent of NFNWR) over the last week and peeked over at Stormy. Looked pretty straightforward to access it from high camp, with some cracks at the base of the route if I remember correctly. I'll see if I have a picture of it.

12 hours ago, cjm84 said:

Climbed both the N Ridge (ski descent of W Face) and Adams Glacier (ski descent of NFNWR) over the last week and peeked over at Stormy. Looked pretty straightforward to access it from high camp, with some cracks at the base of the route if I remember correctly. I'll see if I have a picture of it.

Thank you!  In general, is there significant hidden crevasse danger at the base of that route, or is it mostly a what you see is what you get situation for crevasses?  I will be solo.