Dogs?

Birdy

Sphinx said:

pope said:

Sphinx, what's with using Dwayner's image? You're a big Xerox pussy (copy cat).

'Cause it's the best Sphinx avatar image around. Does he have copyright laws on it? Will he sue me? No sweat, I'll thank him for the image. bigdrink.gif

BTW, when I find a better image, I'll use that. boxing_smiley.gif

Dude, relax. I'm just trying to provide something that is obviously missing in your life: style. You might like Dwayner's toothbrush also, but some things should be unique to the individual.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifcantfocus.gif

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dru said:

that second dog was killed by a wolf that bit his head nearly off while he was chained up, but hey, "he just wanted to play" shocked.gif

Aha, it was from the United Sportsmen of Idaho, who are afraid that wolves will ruin their good hunting. There is no evidence of this. Wolves take the weakest, whereas hunters only take the strongest. Wolves strengthen the gene pool. Hunters weaken it.

CBS:

Your statement is incorrect. Hunters just prefer not to brag about shooting old and small animals, just the big huge ones. But, rest assured, we kill plenty of young, old, sick and hopefully some nice big healthy ones once in a while too.

And the Wolves would take only big ones too, but, the weaker ones are much easier to chase down and eat. evils3d.gif

I've got a backcountry dog encounter story. A number of years ago I took some friends on a llama packing trip south on the PCT from Chinook Pass. At camp, I staked out the llamas, and after dinner this dog came up, followed by his hollering owner. It was some sort of large, boxy headed, wiry haired dog, which decides to mess with one of the tethered llamas, while the owner just watches, afraid to grab his dog. I come running over as the dog chases Hannibal (the llama) from one end of the tether to the other. Realizing he wasn't going to run away, Hannibal wound up and put one back foot square in the face of the dog. It made a sound like hitting a watermelon with a sledghammer, but since llamas have soft pads and toenails rather than hooves, all it did was break a tooth and bloody it up a little. The dog however was quite done with this game and Hannibal went back to browsing. I didn't feel compelled to berate the owner, it seemed like everyone involved got the message.

Attitude said:

Llama, the other white meat. HCL.gif

Nope, its a red meat. High in protein, low in fat. Substituting pickup trucks for llamas in the Andes has had a detrimental effect on regional nutrition. It's getting so that there are so many around now, prices are stabilizing down at per pound costs comparable to any farm animal, so its probably only a matter of time before it starts to show up on the table. Mine are closer than they know when they get out and play the "can't catch me" game. yellaf.gif

Dru said:

i'm gonna ride my llama

from Peru to Texarkana

I'm gonna ride him good

In my old neighbourhood

And when we got on the ship

He brought out something for the trip

And said "its old but its good" mushsmile.gif

There was an Argentine gaucho named Bruno

who knew everything about sex there was to know

he said "women are fine,

and sheep are divine,

but llamas are numero uno."

"If your dog was just a little bit bigger, it would kill and eat you."

"Your pets don't really love you, they just want to escape from you."

"You are enslaving your pet in your home."

"Your pet is not your friend, it is your hostage."

"Just stop and think how many times you've said 'Shut up!' to your pet."

"If times were tough, at least you could eat your pet."

"Dogs are like big dumb buddies who never leave. They're like Lenny from Of Mice and Men, only with deadly fangs and no bowel control."

"If your pet were just a few notches over on the species tree, you would kill it."

"Your pets are incredibly stupid."

"In your pet's universe, you are called 'the ape that brings food.'"

"When you talk to your pet like it's a baby, everyone wants to wring your neck."

"When your pet dies, you will seriously consider putting it in a dumpster."

all taken from "You are Worthless" by Dr. Oswald T. Pratt.

rockband.gif

3. A LOOK INSIDE A RENDERING PLANT

by Gar Smith

Rendering has been called "the silent industry". Each year in the US, 286 rendering plants quietly dispose of more than 12.5 million tons of dead animals, fat and meat wastes. As the public relations watchdog newsletter PR Watch observes, renderers "are thankful that most people remain blissfully unaware of their existence".

When City Paper reporter Van Smith visited Baltimore's Valley Proteins rendering plant last summer, he found that the "hoggers" (the large vats used to grind and filter animal tissues prior to deep-fat-frying) held an eclectic mix of body parts ranging from "dead dogs, cats, raccoons, possums, deer, foxes [and] snakes" to a "baby circus elephant" and the remains of Bozeman, a Police Department quarterhorse that "died in the line of duty".

In an average month, Baltimore's pound hands over 1,824 dead animals to Valley Proteins. Last year, the plant transformed 150 millions pounds of decaying flesh and kitchen grease into 80 million pounds of commercial meat and bone meal, tallow and yellow grease. Thirty years ago, most of the renderer's wastes came from small markets and slaughterhouses. Today, thanks to the proliferation of fast-food restaurants, nearly half the raw material is kitchen grease and frying oil.

Recycling dead pets and wildlife into animal food is "a very small part of the business that we don't like to advertise," Valley Proteins' President, J. J. Smith, told City Paper. The plant processes these animals as a "public service, not for profit," Smith said, since "there is not a lot of protein and fat [on pets]..., just a lot of hair you have to deal with somehow."

According to City Paper, Valley Proteins "sells inedible animal parts and rendered material to Alpo, Heinz and Ralston-Purina". Valley Proteins insists that it does not sell "dead pet by-products" to pet food firms since "they are all very sensitive to the recycled pet potential". Valley Proteins maintains two production lines&emdash;one for clean meat and bones and a second line for dead pets and wildlife. However, Van Smith reported, "the protein material is a mix from both production lines. Thus the meat and bone meal made at the plant includes materials from pets and wildlife, and about five per cent of that product goes to dry-pet-food manufacturers..."

A 1991 USDA report states that "approximately 7.9 billion pounds of meat and bone meal, blood meal and feather meal [were] produced in 1983". Of that amount, 34 per cent was used in pet food, 34 per cent in poultry feed, 20 per cent in pig food and 10 per cent in beef and dairy cattle feed.

Transmissible spongiform encephalopathy (TSE) carried in pig- and chicken-laden foods may eventually eclipse the threat of "mad cow disease". The risk of household pet exposure to TSE from contaminated pet food is more than three times greater than the risk for hamburger-eating humans.

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

Thinker said:

we get closer and closer to Soylent Green every day.

Thats what I was thinking too (where is the barf emoticon?)

Careful Muffy, don't overtax that there blonde bombshell of a brain. Best leave the 'thinking too' to me and concentrate on sprayin... grin.gif

Soylent Green is an absolute classic, isn't it.....

I got chased by some rabid mongrel of a dog and his friend this moring on my run. I thougth I was gonna have a heart attack out running those mofos! The neighbors prolly thought it was a fire truck going by after hearing me screetching "GO HOME! GO HOME! BAD FUKIN DOG! AHHHH" They chased me for at least a 1/4 mile. I still hate dogs and their irresponsible owners!

Good interval training though. madgo_ron.gif

Bronco said:

I got chased by some rabid mongrel of a dog and his friend this moring on my run. I thougth I was gonna have a heart attack out running those mofos! The neighbors prolly thought it was a fire truck going by after hearing me screetching "GO HOME! GO HOME! BAD FUKIN DOG! AHHHH" They chased me for at least a 1/4 mile. I still hate dogs and their irresponsible owners!

Good interval training though. madgo_ron.gif

Sorry for your bad experience frown.gif